• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TX - Second parent or Step Parent Adoption?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nh3

What is the name of your state? TX

My wife is the adoptive mother of a foreign child (she adopted as a single mother). We married after she completed the adoption. Our intent is for me to become the childs legal father. Do I want to file for a second parent adoption, or a single parent adoption?
thanks.

seniorjudge

nh3 said:
What is the name of your state? TX

My wife is the adoptive mother of a foreign child (she adopted as a single mother). We married after she completed the adoption. Our intent is for me to become the childs legal father. Do I want to file for a second parent adoption, or a single parent adoption?
thanks.
Q: Do I want to file for a second parent adoption, or a single parent adoption?

A: Are you unmarried?

nh3

Answered the wrong question... Anyway, I am married to a woman who adopted a foriegn child before we married. She is the only adoptive parent of the child and was single when the adoption took place.

nh3

Sorry for the confusion (semantic processing). Trying to ask: Do I file for a second parent adoption or step parent adoption.

seniorjudge said:
Q: Do I want to file for a second parent adoption, or a single parent adoption?

A:

Last edited:
T

tntitangirl

steparent adoption

seniorjudge said:
What is your relationship to the child right now?
he is the child's stepfather, and will need to do a stepparent adoption.

nh3

Useless Forum

Signing out for good... Should have known a "free" forum would be useless

mja8575

Step-parent adoption

I gave birth do my daughter 13 years ago when I was 17. I did not know the father and his name is not on her birth certificate. My husband wants to adopt her now. What are the procedures to do this?

m. ~Maryland

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
mja8575 said:
I gave birth do my daughter 13 years ago when I was 17. I did not know the father and his name is not on her birth certificate. My husband wants to adopt her now. What are the procedures to do this?

m. ~Maryland
The procedure is not to hijack someone else's thread and to not post the same question more than once on this forum. Your question has been answered in your thread.

mja8575

Ohiogal said:
The procedure is not to hijack someone else's thread and to not post the same question more than once on this forum. Your question has been answered in your thread.
Right, which is why I posted a new thread. I replied to this one before I realized I should start a new thread. This is my first time on this forum. Thank you for your reply.

*End of hijack*

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">