• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

US Permanent Residents wishing to Adopt from South Africa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

suew

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hello, my husband and I are both Canadian citizens who recently gained Permanent Resident status in the US. We would like to adopt our second child from the country where we were born; namely, South Africa.

We are only eligible to apply for US citizenship in 4-5 years time.

Is there any way we can adopt a South African child as US perm. residents?

LdiJ

Hello, my husband and I are both Canadian citizens who recently gained Permanent Resident status in the US. We would like to adopt our second child from the country where we were born; namely, South Africa.

That is something that you would honestly need to discuss with both an adoption attorney and an immigration attorney. Its honestly too complicated for an internet message forum.

LdiJ

I think that Nextwife said that her foreign adoption had to be approved in both countries.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">