• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Want to adopt 2 children I know

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DerekC

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida
I dated a single Mother for several years and grew very close with her two kids. Their natural Father is in prison and will be for quite some time. I no longer date the Mother but have a good relationship with her and stay in constant contact with the two kids that I fell in love with. I wish to adopt the two kids, with the Mother's blessings. Both children wish to become my "real children and have written to their Father to let him know. His response was, "fine, he will sign papers to allow this to occur". One child is 15 and the other is 17. What is the easiest procedure to make this happen?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It's not going to happen without you (a) marrying Mom or (b) also terminating her rights. Sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">