• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wanting to do step parent adoption, but biological father is driving me crazy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amandagarrido

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio

My husband of six years wants to adopt my eight year old son from a previous marriage. Long story short, my ex has not seen his son in over five years, and is thousands of dollars behind in childsupport. My ex claims to be receiving social security, and says my son should receive this, too. My ex says he will only consent to the adoption if I cash the supposed social security check meant for my son and give the money to him. Help!!:mad:

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio

My husband of six years wants to adopt my eight year old son from a previous marriage. Long story short, my ex has not seen his son in over five years, and is thousands of dollars behind in childsupport. My ex claims to be receiving social security, and says my son should receive this, too. My ex says he will only consent to the adoption if I cash the supposed social security check meant for my son and give the money to him. Help!!:mad:
Oh, but you made it so very clear that you just need to download some forms to perform a stepparent adoption, and do not need an expensive lawyer.

In fact, you felt the need to make that clear to another confused poster, even before you posted your own thread. :rolleyes: Right here:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/adoption-34/how-best-way-adopt-stepchild-440263.html

I am going through the same situation right now. My husband wants to adopt my son. After contacting expensive attorneys, I called my county probate court and found that we can do this adoption process on our own. However, you have to know the names of the forms you need, which can easily be found online.
At that point, I told you this:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks, newbie.

You've managed to disrespect all of the good and valid advice we give in the Adoption Forum.

Good job. SUCH a good job, in fact, that we shall feel no need to help YOU with any legal problem YOU might have.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
And sure enough, here you are, asking questions.

I think you should go find some forms online.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Dad doesn't have to sign any forms. You can always prove your case for a stepparent adoption. Ohio allows that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">