• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

knowledge

Montana

About four years ago I was with a woman off and on for about six months. Well we were split up for about another six before we got back together, and by this time she was pregnant with her second girl. At the time she had said that I was not the father, ok. Well once we where back together we got serious and even got engaged. We were together for about two and a half years till we had another split-up, and at this point she had left her kid living with me. This went on for about three months, and we were even working on power of attorney papers till on my B-day last year. On that day I had her watch the kids for me so I could go to work and have a little me time, and I thought everything was ok, however everything was not ok. When I got home that night the kid were not there and she had said that she ran out of diapers, and her car was to dirty to take the kids anywhere and finally had a breakdown because she could not reach me. She said that she gave the kids to DFS. My ex.’s aunt came down from another city and got them out of foster care. At the time my ex had just told that she was signing a guardianship to her aunt till she got on her feet. Well we got back together at some point and this is when she told me that first of all the only way that her aunt was going to take the girls was if she had signed her rights away for the term of the guardianship, she also told me that the youngest girl was mine. Once she had told me this we went down and signed the acknowledgment of paternity and now the youngest has my last name. we went to court to get the kids back and my ex said that she was not ready for them to come back with here, and I was told that because the guardianship was done before I signed the paternity acknowledgment, that I would have to wait till the end of the guardianship to get my kid back just to see if anyone contested the paternity, at which point I would have to take a paternity test. Here is the matter at hand. My ex and I have split for good now and she just signed her rights away officially to the kids, and now the aunt wants to give the kids up for adoption. The aunt just sent me paper work to sign away my rights and I don’t want to. My question is dose this mean I can go get my daughter? And if so, what are my chances of being able to adopt her older sister? The aunt is going to fight me tooth and nail on all of this, but I know I can support these kids and it is best that they stay together.

Sorry for the long winded question, any info helps.
thanks

knowledge

Here is another question. I have never taken a paternity test, and will not unless some other dude steps up, and the only one in question will not. The kid allready has my last name and I am on her birth certifficate. Do you think thay will make me take a test?
If they do, and I do come back as not the biolagical father then what? I just have to let my child go?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Here is another question. I have never taken a paternity test, and will not unless some other dude steps up, and the only one in question will not. The kid allready has my last name and I am on her birth certifficate. Do you think thay will make me take a test?
If they do, and I do come back as not the biolagical father then what? I just have to let my child go?
I don't think they will make you take a test if you are waiving a test and are willing to attest in a court of law under penalty of perjury that you are daddy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">