• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what can we do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

colwales

What is the name of your state? Northe Carolina

I am British, my wife American. We were married on Brit soil.. She is the grand mother of a child, 2yrs old. both parents are locked in a custody battle..My wife is supervisor under visitation rights for the child, with the child's mother. N.C . However, Without going into the fine details. It is apparent that neither parent is a suitable candidate for the well being, upbringing of the child.. There are issues of Incest, (on the fathers side) neglect, financial irresponsibility and adultery on both sides. Mt wife and I would like to file for full custody of the child. In so doing we would want to bring her up in Wales UK. We are not emotive about this issue. We are second married and the Granddaughter is not my own blood line.. However, we are prepared, hope to be able to set a case and win for the outcome we desire to enable the child to have every stability, love . care and opportunity. We can provide this. Could you please advise. Colin Clayton

C

colwales

what can we do

Thanks, At present my wife is in Hendersonville. NC.. I am in Uk..Can you suggest a attorney in NC for her to see.. her daughter and her son in law have one, my wife is taklking to him Monday, However, she is going to become a hostile witness to her daughter, lack of care for the child... i can easlity see a atorney here in UK. Should my wife reveal her findings to her daughters attorney? Is the UN convention something we can implement?.. Do you know of a good attorney, Hendersonville, even Ashville N.C
Thanks
C

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I don't know anyone in NC. But your wife will need an attorney in NC, and it can't be the same lawyer her daughter is using. She shouldn't even be discussing her plans with him/her. A UK lawyer won't do you any good - the UK has no jurisdiction in the matter. And in all honesty, unless the parents' rights are completely terminated and s/he is adopted (and then you'd likely need to meet both US & UK adoption laws), I don't see a court permitting the child to leave the country.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">