• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are the possibilities of terminating his parental rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

what_2_do

undefined[]What is the name of your state?Arizona
I was divorced 3 years ago during my 4th month of pregnancy because my ex was arrested and sentenced to 13 years of prison. He recently requested parenting time and the court awarded him one Saturday of the month. The court ordered the paternal grandmother to pick up the child 10:00am Saturday and return 10:00am Sunday. Two visits have taken place and the first visit was the first time that my daughter met her biological father. My husband and I are in the process of finding an attorney to terminate his parental rights because he still has 10 years to go and in the State of Arizona those are grounds for termination. In reality, what are my chances to get his rights terminated? If the court has appointed a general attorney to protect the child's rights, (I beleive they're called Guardian Ad Litem??) and the attorney advises the court that it is in the best interest of the child to terminate his parental rights, what are the cahnces of then actually terminating his rights?

Last edited:

brisgirl825

what_2_do said:
undefined[]What is the name of your state?Arizona
I was divorced 3 years ago during my 4th month of pregnancy because my ex was arrested and sentenced to 13 years of prison. He recently requested parenting time and the court awarded him one Saturday of the month. The court ordered the paternal grandmother to pick up the child 10:00am Saturday and return 10:00am Sunday. Two visits have taken place and the first visit was the first time that my daughter met her biological father. My husband and I are in the process of finding an attorney to terminate his parental rights because he still has 10 years to go and in the State of Arizona those are grounds for termination. In reality, what are my chances to get his rights terminated? If the court has appointed a general attorney to protect the child's rights, (I beleive they're called Parental Ad Litem??) and the attorney advises the court that it is in the best interest of the child to terminate his parental rights, what are the cahnces of then actually terminating his rights?

If the GAL has said that, in the best interests of the child, your ex's rights should be terminated, that certainly helps. Judges put a lot of wieght on a GAL's opinion.

What was his arrest for?

brisgirl825

what_2_do said:
He was arrested for aggravated assault, aggravated assault w/ deadly weapon, and armed robbery
Wow, well that will go in your favor too. He obviously has anger management issues, to say the least. :rolleyes:

Continue to talk to your atty and do everything by the book. Your odds are very good.

Good luck to your family.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">