• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what is process of step parent adoption?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

want2no

What is the name of your state? AZ
What is the process for step parent adoption in Arizona? My ex husband is more than willing to sign over his parental rights and let my husband of 3 years adopt my children. My kids would love for my husband to adopt him. What steps are required in az?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? AZ
What is the process for step parent adoption in Arizona? My ex husband is more than willing to sign over his parental rights and let my husband of 3 years adopt my children. My kids would love for my husband to adopt him. What steps are required in az?
This is a q that has been asked/answered a zillion times. Use the SEARCH function and Google, read & learn, and then come back to ask questions about details. You absolutely will need an attorney.

carofl93

Get a lawyer.

The paperwork may look simple, but you never know. And this is advice I got from many good folks. You don't want to do this alone, and have one simple mistake that allows the other parent to change their mind.

C/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">