• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who's the better candidate?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skyy

What is the name of your state? CA

I'll try to be clear, but I was wondering... Suzie Q and John Doe have 3 children - 2 born in Ohio and 1 in VA (military). I believe the oldest child is 4. John Doe is a bum, and Suzie Q thinks it's great. Her parents in MI and sister in CA think the children would be better off being adopted.

Provided they can prove the parents unfit, who would most likely be granted custody or urged to take custody?

Suzie's parents (50s) - raised 3 children, on disability (at least the mother is - cane. I haven't seen the father), father drives trucks across country but filed bankruptcy last year.

Suzie's sister and husband (20 and 22) - 10 month-old-baby with another on the way, husband recently deployed for unknown time.

(I know...it's bad to bad, but they're determined to take these children.)

djohnson

I also vote that its going to take alot more evidense than he's a bum and she thinks its great to prove them unfit and take the children if they don't want anyone to have them. They have a right to live their live and if its not putting the children in harms way and they aren't being abused chances are its not going to matter cause the cirth parents will keep them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">