• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

?????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sbunnyd

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KS
My aunt is taking me on vacation around Christmas for 2 weeks. My ex and I have joint custody and he will have the kids while I am gone....Is it my responsibility to find a baby sitter for the days he needs one or his?

LdiJ

My aunt is taking me on vacation around Christmas for 2 weeks. My ex and I have joint custody and he will have the kids while I am gone....Is it my responsibility to find a baby sitter for the days he needs one or his?
Possibly, it all depends what your court orders state regarding the holidays and parenting time.

mistoffolees

Unless the court order says otherwise, you will each be responsible for any sitting costs that are incurred during your parenting time. So if the vacation doesn't overlap your parenting time at all, then you wouldn't ordinarily be responsible for the cost.

But read your court order to be sure. Or tell us what it says on the subject (word for word, but without the names).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">