• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alimoney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Want Out

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

My wife and I are separating.
At what point can she petition the court for alimoney?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

My wife and I are separating.
At what point can she petition the court for alimoney?
She can ask for temporary alimony as soon as you separate.

Want Out

Wow.
Just read through all the posts from my last thread.
Didnt mean to start such a ruckas.

When she files, will they take up this issue and decide on it immediatly or would it be decided apon when the divorce is finalized?

Edit- Not quick enough

Jersey boy

you reside in Jersey, there are laws, and they are designed to distroy your life. without going into detail of my experiences which is extentive, my instruction to you is come up with a a fair amount of lump sum alimony to jump start her on her new life. then a weekly amount for a period of time you can handel. You also must pay for 1/2 of all your kids needs which i dont think you have a problem with. you both must agree on all. If there a problem, and she hires a lawyer to go court she will make sure you cant have a life, take this advise, the money you spend on a lawyer will be thrown away with no results. Its not the lawyers falt. There is a underlying goverment or culture /socity system in the court system that you dont know. Fairness is out. I just witnessed in a court room a atrosity that leaves me flabergasted. I still cant even belive it happened to me . Enter the judge, hispanic fellow seemed nice enough ,pleasant guy. Enter her lawyer possibly hispanic, a little hard lookin in a cute kind of way. I didnt think anything of it untill i seen his eyes looking at her. My lawyer is talking presenting facts and figures to him and he cant take his eyes off her lawyer! You would think you were in a bar on friday night!. I watched her profile and saw her eye language back at him. connection made. He didnt hear a word my lawyer said!!!. ($35,000 at this point.) these two made a connection and I was toast/ get the fork/done/game over. if you have to go to court to fight-- know now, you will loose. You would probly fair better if you take the thousands you would pay the lawyer, and hire a "delivery man" to deliver her your message. if she dont agree to your abilities to pay,life as you know it, is over.
Remember life revolves around only two main things, money and sex not nessesarly in that order. Women find in favor of women every time.,beenthere done that, lost the tee shirt. If a man judge gets a reputation of helping men the message gets back to his wife and his sex life is done. men in divorce court- what a joke. I am speaking from experience. Im sure there are exceptions to every rule I am not one of those, and if your reading this, neither are you, dont get married in the first place. Like any real bad habbit, the best way to quit is not to start.

Last edited:

mistoffolees

you reside in Jersey, there are laws, and they are designed to distroy your life. without going into detail of my experiences which is extentive, my instruction to you is come up with a a fair amount of lump sum alimony to jump start her on her new life. then a weekly amount for a period of time you can handel. You also must pay for 1/2 of all your kids needs which i dont think you have a problem with. you both must agree on all. If there a problem, and she hires a lawyer to go court she will make sure you cant have a life, take this advise, the money you spend on a lawyer will be thrown away with no results. Its not the lawyers falt. There is a underlying goverment or culture /socity system in the court system that you dont know. Fairness is out. I just witnessed in a court room a atrosity that leaves me flabergasted. I still cant even belive it happened to me . Enter the judge, hispanic fellow seemed nice enough ,pleasant guy. Enter her lawyer possibly hispanic, a little hard lookin in a cute kind of way. I didnt think anything of it untill i seen his eyes looking at her. My lawyer is talking presenting facts and figures to him and he cant take his eyes off her lawyer! You would think you were in a bar on friday night!. I watched her profile and saw her eye language back at him. connection made. He didnt hear a word my lawyer said!!!. ($35,000 at this point.) these two made a connection and I was toast/ get the fork/done/game over. if you have to go to court to fight-- know now, you will loose. You would probly fair better if you take the thousands you would pay the lawyer, and hire a "delivery man" to deliver her your message. if she dont agree to your abilities to pay,life as you know it, is over.
Remember life revolves around only two main things, money and sex not nessesarly in that order. Women find in favor of women every time.,beenthere done that, lost the tee shirt. If a man judge gets a reputation of helping men the message gets back to his wife and his sex life is done. men in divorce court- what a joke. I am speaking from experience. Im sure there are exceptions to every rule I am not one of those, and if your reading this, neither are you, dont get married in the first place. Like any real bad habbit, the best way to quit is not to start.
OP, please ignore this post. Very little of it is factual.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">