• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alimony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

steven1127

I am from NY state.

My question is how does alimony in the event of a divorce work if we both work equally and my wife has the stonger job financially. I am not looking for alimony but would want to know if I would have to provide alimony in the event of a divorce. please advise.

seniorjudge

You haven't given us any information or facts or details.

So my guess is there is about a 50-50 chance, more or less.

steven1127

alimony

Im sorry there really arent to many facts. Im in the midst of drawing up a prenup and after discussing with fiancee about alimony I told her that if the marriage ends in divorce as outlined in our prenup we would basically split what we determined in advance is seperate property and anything joint would be split equally. We both work full time, we basically handle our own personal finances but the home bills we split evenly. By stating her job is stronger than mine I mean she makes more than I do and is financially stronger. Neither one of us carries the other. I am just concerned that in the event of a divorce does the possibility exist that I would still have to pay maintenance? Please advise

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">