• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alimony & Adultery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ohiostate

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO

Seperated (not legal) in June 2006. Divorce in July 2007. I just found my ex-wife committed adultery in August 2006 or soon. It may or may not have been done before we were seperated. I have proof of an email in August 2006 that states this. My 5 years of alimony that I am paying is declared NON-modifible.

This may be a stupid question. Can I get the alimony lowered since she committed adultery before we were legally divorced? Does it really matter WHY we were divorced so the alimony is modifible?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO

Seperated (not legal) in June 2006. Divorce in July 2007. I just found my ex-wife committed adultery in August 2006 or soon. It may or may not have been done before we were seperated. I have proof of an email in August 2006 that states this. My 5 years of alimony that I am paying is declared NON-modifible.

This may be a stupid question. Can I get the alimony lowered since she committed adultery before we were legally divorced? Does it really matter WHY we were divorced so the alimony is modifible?
No. What's done is done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">