• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alimony/CS Support is for ....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ohiostate

What is the name of your state?

$2005 really isnt alot to live off of per month. I understand your fustration but put yourself in her shoes too. Its not a man/woman thing. If your wife was the egineer and you stayed home. You could get alimony too.
I want to start a new post so that I do not divert any more questions from Wichitafalls1 post.

Alimony and child support is NOT meant to be enough to live off per month. It is meant as a temporary amount to support the decrease in salary/pay because of staying home. My ex has a college degree with experience in education (teacher). She chose to teach in a low paying parochial school when she could make more in a public school. If I took a low paying engineering job, the judge would have factored in what I should be making. I gladly pay child support. It is the 5 year length of the alimony that is my issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">