• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alimony and Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bali Hai

1. I thought perhaps I would be regarded as a co signer as that was the intention. I will include and explain. It is a loss financially so it might even help. That is the only asset I have besides my "underwater" home.
2. My partner refuses to remarry while the vultures are hovering as afraid of them getting at her assets and dragging her personal papers through the court system. Florida is a bad state to get divorced and they can't even pass an Alimony Reform Act as they decided to end the session!

Thank you despite the sarcasm
The Bill passed, your republican governor vetoed it.

tuffbrk

The Bill passed, your republican governor vetoed it.
Actually, you're referring to the bill from 2 years ago. There was another one this session that passed the House but stalled in the Senate because they closed the session early. FL legislators need to keep their shared custody wishes out of alimony bills and create a separate bill for custody. Two completely separate issues yet they keep adding in the custody language which then stalls the alimony reform portion. Interesting how many people presume the only parties that receive alimony are stay at home parents and so they co-mingle the topics.

Silverplum

WHY are legislators so STUPID??

(Not answerable by normal smart people who value their country and care about something other than enriching themselves.)

When writing a US Senator or Representative, one is expected/required to address the letter to "The Honorable WhatsisUnethicalName, Senator Evil." :eek: :mad: Show me your honor. No, really. Screw that.

LdiJ

WHY are legislators so STUPID??

(Not answerable by normal smart people who value their country and care about something other than enriching themselves.)

When writing a US Senator or Representative, one is expected/required to address the letter to "The Honorable WhatsisUnethicalName, Senator Evil." :eek: :mad: Show me your honor. No, really. Screw that.
Federal AND state legislators seem to be equally stupid in that regard. There are so many things that get tacked onto bills that would normally pass by themselves its ridiculous.

Bali Hai

Actually, you're referring to the bill from 2 years ago. There was another one this session that passed the House but stalled in the Senate because they closed the session early. FL legislators need to keep their shared custody wishes out of alimony bills and create a separate bill for custody. Two completely separate issues yet they keep adding in the custody language which then stalls the alimony reform portion. Interesting how many people presume the only parties that receive alimony are stay at home parents and so they co-mingle the topics.
You're right, I wasn't aware of another attempt. From what I read about the last veto, the FL governor won't do different next time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">