• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

alimony in nevada

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vegas1980

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

I am paying my ex husband alimony. We filed for divorce together, and I agreed to pay alimony for 3 years or until he gets remarried. I will make about 20% less than I did last year (due to involuntary decrease in overtime). He has moved his girlfriend in with him...and I have written proof that it is his girlfriend. Do I have a case to take him back to court? Is the cohabitation relevant in Nevada?

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

I am paying my ex husband alimony. We filed for divorce together, and I agreed to pay alimony for 3 years or until he gets remarried. I will make about 20% less than I did last year (due to involuntary decrease in overtime). He has moved his girlfriend in with him...and I have written proof that it is his girlfriend. Do I have a case to take him back to court? Is the cohabitation relevant in Nevada?

how much longer do you have to pay? does your court order cover cohabitation? you may have written proof he has a girlfriend, but what proof do you have she moved in?

vegas1980

I have to pay until February 2011 OR if he gets married. She just moved here from another state, on the other side of the country, a few weeks ago. I have an e-mail, from him sent to me, stating that they are living together. Our decree doesn't specifically say anything about cohabitation. Did I mention that he makes MORE than I do??? I agreed to the alimony at the time, but he has since gotten a raise (about $600 take home per month, which I can prove) and moved in the girlfriend....who isn't working. I feel that I'm supporting her too!

LdiJ

I have to pay until February 2011 OR if he gets married. She just moved here from another state, on the other side of the country, a few weeks ago. I have an e-mail, from him sent to me, stating that they are living together. Our decree doesn't specifically say anything about cohabitation. Did I mention that he makes MORE than I do??? I agreed to the alimony at the time, but he has since gotten a raise (about $600 take home per month, which I can prove) and moved in the girlfriend....who isn't working. I feel that I'm supporting her too!
Then you file for a modification based on the fact that he is now making more money than you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">