• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alimony from state to state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mainiac

I was divorced in NC and now reside in Maine. If I discontinue spousal support is it possible for my spouse to take legal action against me across state lines?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I was divorced in NC and now reside in Maine. If I discontinue spousal support is it possible for my spouse to take legal action against me across state lines?
Ummm, yeah. She can sue you and get a judgment against you as well as liens on all your property, bank accounts seized, paychecks garnished. You apparently have a COURT ORDER. Not a Court-if-i-wanna.

VeronicaLodge

lol this is too funny, why havent all the other alimony payers realized you can just move out of state?! or anyone with a judgment against them!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">