• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

amber

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amberc81

Deserve Alimony?

What is the name of your state? Ga

I have been married for 21 years. My husband left home after he got caught cheating again. He moved into another house and now his girlfriend and her two children are living with him. She is not working and he is paying all of her bills. We own a business together and have two teenage children. We have been in business for 18 years. He wants to buy me out of the business and for me to go get a job somewhere. I have been out of the job market for 18 years. I would never be able to make even close to half of what we made in the business. Should I accept this or would I be able to receive a portion of the business income or alimony?
By the way I am 45 it's kinda late for me to have to start from scratch.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">