• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

change of circumstance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeffreykw

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nj

I am going to court in a few day for a suspension of child suppot and arrears payments due to my disability. ( Failed reconstructive knee operation, I need a brace , cane and two pain meds. daily)
I have sent the judge a doctors not, a permanent disabled parking letter and tag from the PADMV, (I live out of the order state), and a letter from my social security lawyer, showing I have a case pending.
This judge is a hard one.
Do I have enough evidence to warrent a change of circumstance modification?

LdiJ

I am going to court in a few day for a suspension of child suppot and arrears payments due to my disability. ( Failed reconstructive knee operation, I need a brace , cane and two pain meds. daily)
I have sent the judge a doctors not, a permanent disabled parking letter and tag from the PADMV, (I live out of the order state), and a letter from my social security lawyer, showing I have a case pending.
Maybe, maybe not. SSDI takes sometimes years to get approved, how are you going to support yourself in the meantime?

Gracie3787

You should go to court with copies of all of your medical records, proof of rx pain meds, reciepts for medical bills, etc. You should also have a list of all of your Drs' names and phone numbers. If the Judge doesn't want to accept your documentation, you should request a continuance to give you time to subpoena your drs' testimonies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Nope. The doctor's note is hearsay. The parking letter is hearsay. The tag is hearsay. The letter from the lawyer is hearsay. All of those items are hearsay and not admissible. Certified medical records , certified copies of legal filings, and people to testify are easier to get admitted.

BL

If you are going to court take you papers from SSA that you have applied .

You can take a Dr's Statement also .

Take them with you .

tuffbrk

Why not bring the documentation from social security to show that you have a case pending? How are you currently supporting yourself? I can understand you looking for leniency with your arrearages but as for the current support - your child(ren) still needs to eat don't they?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">