• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

checks not being cashed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

anita4pets

My husband's ex has not cashed an alimony check since May 18th (we send them weekly). We sent two letters regular mail, the third certified which came back to us as a "bad address". This is the same address we have used for all checks(which were being cashed for years). How can we find out if she has moved without having our attorney contact her attorney and rack up more $$$ to add to the fortune we have already spent? We are in California. Does anyone know where I can go through the court system to handle this rather than pay 275.00 an hour to our attorney?

L

lawrat

Go back to the court and go to records and ask for the paperwork to amend the order because of these circumstances. The court may make an ex parte order (after sufficient time and proper notification has been attempted) to stop such payments.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">