• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support ended< spousal support is modifiable - California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kaykay2455

Child Support ended on May 31, 2010. Spousal support is open for modification. My Ex wants me to sign off on the judgement, acknowleding all is paid in full. I have the right to spousal modification and 50% of SS benefits in and around 65. What do I do? He wants to refinance his home. I know I need to sign off that $ is paid in full and ss is current also.

LdiJ

Child Support ended on May 31, 2010. Spousal support is open for modification. My Ex wants me to sign off on the judgement, acknowleding all is paid in full. I have the right to spousal modification and 50% of SS benefits in and around 65. What do I do? He wants to refinance his home. I know I need to sign off that $ is paid in full and ss is current also.
The 50% of SS benefits when you retire is yours unless your own earnings record would give you a greater benefit. That cannot be modified or taken away from you as that is federal law and separate from any divorce proceedings.

Until spousal support is modified he has to continue to pay you what is court ordered.

Be careful about any paperwork that you sign. You can sign off that child support has ended and you can sign off that he is current on spousal support. Just make sure that you don't sign anything that in any way makes it sound as though spousal support has ended.

nextwife

You are entitled to 50% of his SS PLUS the spousal portion you'd get directly from SS on his record?

Have you used the period during which you were recieving SS to improve your income abilities and start saving your own retirement funds??

If he is fully CURRENT in his obligations, but, continues to have future obligations, you execute an Acknowledgment of Satisfaction of Judgment for MATURED installments. This form can be completed in various ways and it is very important that you complete it correctly. See an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">