• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cohabitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dave859

What is the name of your state? kentucky

i have been separated from my wife for six months and am about to file for divorce,
she has recently moved an other man into the marital home, he stays there 3 or 4 days a week ,
is this classed as cohabitation and will it affect alimony payments

majomom1

i have been separated from my wife for six months and am about to file for divorce,
she has recently moved an other man into the marital home, he stays there 3 or 4 days a week ,
That will depend on how your order is written, if alimony is awarded. You should check with a local attorney that is familiar with the judges in your courts. You could also ask to have it included in your order that alimony would stop after a specific time frame, upon her remarriage or in the event that she cohabitates.

LdiJ

3 or 4 days a week is not cohabitation. Cohabitation is when someone completely lives in the home and shares the expenses of the home. If he is there 3 or 4 days a week he obviously has his own home somewhere else, and is therefore not sharing the expenses of hers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">