• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cohabitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pbyrnes25

Ex is engaged. Lives with her parents, but also spends the night at her fiances on non-school nights. Kids go to school where her parents live, but she also singned up my 8 yr. old son for little league baseball under her fiances address who lives about 30 minutes away. Since she lives with her dad, it would be easy to prove how much time she spends at her fiances, but is this enough to prove or is it even cohabitation? Thanks in advance.

CJane

And two nights a week isn't going to constitute living together in any way shape or form.
Four or 5 nights a week probably wouldn't either.

I spent a whole lot of overnights at D'man's house during the 4 years we were together. I never once considered myself to be living there, and neither did anyone else. Some months, I probably spent more nights there than I did at my own house. Not cohabitation.

mistoffolees

Ex is engaged. Lives with her parents, but also spends the night at her fiances on non-school nights. Kids go to school where her parents live, but she also singned up my 8 yr. old son for little league baseball under her fiances address who lives about 30 minutes away. Since she lives with her dad, it would be easy to prove how much time she spends at her fiances, but is this enough to prove or is it even cohabitation? Thanks in advance.
Aside from all the comments you've already received, what are you trying to accomplish? What does the divorce decree say you can do IF your ex were cohabiting with someone?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">