• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

continue alimony?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

msudragon

What is the name of your state? CA I was divorced in 2005 from a 19 year marriage. We negotiated in mediation that I would pay alimony until July 1, 2008. The final divorce agreement states in the section dealing with alimony "does knowingly and willing relinquish jurisdiction by the court in the dissolution proceeding to award spousal support at any time later." She wants more alimony after July 1st and sounds like she is going to take me back to court to get it! Does she have a case??? Please help

tuffbrk

Oh no - not just sit around on their lazy @ss. The new way around the whole I want someone to support me way of thinking is to claim a disabling illness. Advise that you've applied for disability which - as everyone knows - takes quite some time to come through unless you have a "standard" illness that they already support.

Then you apply for any other benefits offered by the gov't, make do and sit tight until the alimony comes in. Or at least that seems to be the recent theme. Everyone has a disabling illness of some type and are reduced to babies that are unable to support themselves or contribute to the support of their child(ren).

I really wanted to play hooky today - it's sunny in NJ today! Wonder if I just don't get out of bed, pull the covers over my head and allow myself to simply fall apart would it get me anywhere? Think I could claim that I'm having a breakdown? What if I claim that I'm a danger to myself? I could probably get STD, apply for an alimony reduction and as for the kids - well, the state of NJ already was more concerned about their dad - maybe now it's my turn?

Bali Hai

Oh no - not just sit around on their lazy @ss. The new way around the whole I want someone to support me way of thinking is to claim a disabling illness. Advise that you've applied for disability which - as everyone knows - takes quite some time to come through unless you have a "standard" illness that they already support.

Then you apply for any other benefits offered by the gov't, make do and sit tight until the alimony comes in. Or at least that seems to be the recent theme. Everyone has a disabling illness of some type and are reduced to babies that are unable to support themselves or contribute to the support of their child(ren).

I really wanted to play hooky today - it's sunny in NJ today! Wonder if I just don't get out of bed, pull the covers over my head and allow myself to simply fall apart would it get me anywhere? Think I could claim that I'm having a breakdown? What if I claim that I'm a danger to myself? I could probably get STD, apply for an alimony reduction and as for the kids - well, the state of NJ already was more concerned about their dad - maybe now it's my turn?
LOL!!:D Yeap my ex-wife tried pulling that crap also. It didn't work out for her and her idiot lawyer though.

During the divorce, my attorney asked me if she was sick. I asked him where he got that idea, from her attorney!?!? LOL!! I said if sick in the head counted, then yes she is terminal!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">