• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorcing a disabled person.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marjett1063

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Kentucky and my husband has decided he wants a divorce. I am legally disabled by the state of Ky. and I am wanting to know if I would be entitled to spousal support?

mistoffolees

Maybe, maybe not. You need a LOT more information. For starters:

How long were you married?
Are you receiving any disability income?
What is his income?
Where you disabled before you got married?

marjett1063

We have been married for 9 years and I became disabled about 2 years after we married. I am receiving Social Security disability now for about 5 or 6 years. He drives a truck for a living and makes considerably more than I receive, like 4 to 5 times more than I do.

mistoffolees

Someone with more experience than I can give you a better answer. All I can say is that it's possible, but you should contact a local attorney to get a much better idea.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">