• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have to pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SpousalSupport

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

I've been married 10 years and filed for a divorce. Wife has worked part time throughout the entire marriage and stayed at home to raise our three 3 kids. I've worked the whole time during the marriage.

Wife works 25 hours a week. One child is still at home, goes to preschool a couple time a week and will start kindergarten next year.

I gross $5000 a month, she grosses $1000 and we both agree on joint custody.

My question is does it seem likely I will have to pay spousal support? She doesn't seem to want to work full time. I looked into it and the youngest would be in preschool an extra 2 hours each day if she worked full time.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

I've been married 10 years and filed for a divorce. Wife has worked part time throughout the entire marriage and stayed at home to raise our three 3 kids. I've worked the whole time during the marriage.

Wife works 25 hours a week. One child is still at home, goes to preschool a couple time a week and will start kindergarten next year.

I gross $5000 a month, she grosses $1000 and we both agree on joint custody.

My question is does it seem likely I will have to pay spousal support? She doesn't seem to want to work full time. I looked into it and the youngest would be in preschool an extra 2 hours each day if she worked full time.
You would likely be facing some short term spousal support as well as child support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">