• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do i have to pay alimony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FARU

New york state

quick question. I have eyewitnesses that my wife has been having an affair since january of this year. We just recently separated, although not legally. Can she get alimony from me? We have been married for 7 years and have a 2yr old son.

LdiJ

New york state

quick question. I have eyewitnesses that my wife has been having an affair since january of this year. We just recently separated, although not legally. Can she get alimony from me? We have been married for 7 years and have a 2yr old son.
No one can tell you for certain, but your marriage has not been all that long, therefore alimony is not as likely as it would be in a long term marriage.

However, you may be required to pay some short term alimony while the marital property settlement is sorted out. Make sure that any bills that have your name on them are paid while things are pending. Please don't tank your own credit over this.

FARU

She just started working and yes i make about 60,000/y she makes about 30,000....thanks,,,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">