• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does new have to help pay alimony for ex-wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CandyMc

I was wondering if anyone can help me with this answer. My finance was told that when we get married I will have to help him pay his exwife alimony. They told him that our income would be joined together so I would also be reliable for her alimony also.
This doesn't sound right but I'm trying to get the information so we will know what to do, he is also confused about this issue and we would like to know an answer. I would appreciate any answer on this question if anyone knows please advise us on this information. Also another question I was wondering about if we buy a house and use both our names can she take it from us? We live in Memphis, Tennessee. Does anyone know the answer to these questions please help me if you do,
Thank you
Candy McCullough

Last edited:

G

grandpabri

You need to post your state so we can know what law applies.

However, based on the BF words, I would say, "Run, Forrest, Run!!!!"

Get away from this guy as fast as you can.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">