• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does Smith Ostler include increases in salary like raises in the calculation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

queenbee66

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Under Smith Ostler, the language reads Respondent is ordered to pay to Petitioner each month, 20% of Respondent's monthly gross income/compensation (from all sources, including bonus compensation) in excess of his $20,000 per month salary. Also, there is no mention of restricted stock. I thought Smith Ostler is supposed to be for bonus and stock only.

Does the child reaching 18 and going off to college affect ability to modify?

queenbee66

Smith Ostler

Are you talking about child support or spousal support?
More concerned about alimony, but I would be interested in both. Decree specifies income from all sources...26.6% for alimony and 11.1% for child support. This kicks in after $14,000 a month in gross income. All amounts are on gross income, not net. Also, I was under the impression that stock earned after the divorce is separate property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">