• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Downward Modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

petet

What is the name of your state? New York

Was paying $680 bi-weekly in C/S and $400 S/S monthly.

Downsized out of my job, took anonther job less money.

Filed Downward modification to lower Child and Spousal Support.

During the time of the review I was paying $525 bi-weekly and $300 S/S to my ex.

Received Judgment it ordered I pay $515 bi-weekly in C/S and was entitled to a C/S credit for overpayment of $1,200.

The judgment also ordered that my request to lower S/S was rejected.

My question is the Judge never said I owed S/S during this time.

I then sent a letter to the Judge and said you stated I was due a credit for C/S and stated the amount but you never stated if I owed S/S and how much.

I received another copy of the judgement with no reference to owing S/S or how much.

Does anyone know why the Judge is refusing to tell me if I owe and how much?

djohnson

If your order to change the s/s was denied then you are still under the previous terms and amounts. That would be pretty standard and obvious is why he is not responding. He is under no obligation to explain that to you. If you aren't represented then you take on that job, if you are, your attorney should have already.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">