• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ending child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Scott4rmlv

I live in Las Vegas, NV. I am in the Air Force was stationed in Japan for past 4 years. Before I left my ex got a lawyer and I now have $500 a month come straight out of my paycheck each month. I now live back where my daughter lives and we want to end the support ( as does the ex). How can we do it without going to a lawyer. Thanks

LdiJ

I live in Las Vegas, NV. I am in the Air Force was stationed in Japan for past 4 years. Before I left my ex got a lawyer and I now have $500 a month come straight out of my paycheck each month. I now live back where my daughter lives and we want to end the support ( as does the ex). How can we do it without going to a lawyer. Thanks
Are you living in the same household as the child?

Scott4rmlv

My child's mother and I both agree that we want to end child support now that we live in the same city. How can we do that with a expensive lawyer

LdiJ

Its not necessarily that simple. The judge also has to agree that its in the child's best interest. If mom is receiving any kind of state aid, then you won't be permitted to do that. If you are still in the Air Force and may be transferred/deployed in the future the judge may not permit it.

A recalculation based on custody timeshare and income may be the more appropriate route to go.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">