• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Entitled to any immediate support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wimm89

[/FONT]What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IOWA
I am at a loss, I am married to an alcoholis..Although there is no physical abuse there is in fact ALOT of emotional and vverbal twords me and my children...
I receive2/3 of his pay check twice a month..He volintarrily gives this to me to take of the bills, food, ETC...Here lately he has been using this nad it is like pulling teeth to get this money...It is a game with him..a tool..
TONIGHT he went out came home drunk, the police were in volved and of course there is nothing they can do as there was NO physical contact..
My question is bills are due on the 1st with payroll being on this Wednesday..he will not give me money for the bills..groceries anything. How do I get assistance? How will I pay for food fro my children? I ham told that I can have him committed for 72 hours BUT he wont leave when I ask my children and i can not take this..What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Just Blue

[/FONT]What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IOWA
I am at a loss, I am married to an alcoholis..Although there is no physical abuse there is in fact ALOT of emotional and vverbal twords me and my children...
I receive2/3 of his pay check twice a month..He volintarrily gives this to me to take of the bills, food, ETC...Here lately he has been using this nad it is like pulling teeth to get this money...It is a game with him..a tool..
TONIGHT he went out came home drunk, the police were in volved and of course there is nothing they can do as there was NO physical contact..
My question is bills are due on the 1st with payroll being on this Wednesday..he will not give me money for the bills..groceries anything. How do I get assistance? How will I pay for food fro my children? I ham told that I can have him committed for 72 hours BUT he wont leave when I ask my children and i can not take this..What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Are your children his as well?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You COULD get a job and that way you would have control over some money without depending on an alcoholic.

Also if these are ONLY your children, why aren't their fathers supporting them? If they are his children that is a different answer and story and you really need to start being specific (try using the word OUR in reference to the children).

wimm89

Yes they are his Children and I do have a job...I manage a golf course and work 6 months of the year..ALSO he is VERY powering over the fact that 4 18 years of the marriage DID NOT want me to work..he moved out 2 years ago cleaned out our joint checking account and has since had a=his own acct as do I...When payday comes around..It is like pulling teeth..We have bills that are due and overude..I do get temp unemployment through the winter months...

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yes they are his Children and I do have a job...I manage a golf course and work 6 months of the year..ALSO he is VERY powering over the fact that 4 18 years of the marriage DID NOT want me to work..he moved out 2 years ago cleaned out our joint checking account and has since had a=his own acct as do I...When payday comes around..It is like pulling teeth..We have bills that are due and overude..I do get temp unemployment through the winter months...
You need to leave him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">