• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-girlfriend wants support?? and how to make her move out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cmoslener

What is the name of your state? WA

I have asked my soon to be ex girlfriend and 16 year old daughter (not mine) to move out. The grounds for asking her to move out is that she is still sneeking vodka into the house; after going through three in-patient treatment programs. She says that she doesn't want to and that I am going to have to pay to support her when she does move out because I supported her for the last three years. She has also received welfare for the past year or more.

I bought my house in 1999 and she moved in in 2001. She was employed when she moved in and was paying me $200/mo for expenses (from May 2001-Dec 2001). She lost her job in December 2001 and was only briefly employed from August 2002-January 2003. For the most part I have covered all the expenses - morgtage, garbage, phone, cell phone, gas, electric, water, and food.

How much notice do I have to give her to move out?

Will I be obligated to support her in any way after she does move out?

Will I be obligated to support her daughter? I did claim her on my taxes for 2003 and 2004.

Are there any states that require support for ex-girlfriends?

Where do these women get the idea "you supported me when we were living together and you have to support me if you kick me out"?

LdiJ

cmoslener said:

I have asked my soon to be ex girlfriend and 16 year old daughter (not mine) to move out. The grounds for asking her to move out is that she is still sneeking vodka into the house; after going through three in-patient treatment programs. She says that she doesn't want to and that I am going to have to pay to support her when she does move out because I supported her for the last three years. She has also received welfare for the past year or more.

I bought my house in 1999 and she moved in in 2001. She was employed when she moved in and was paying me $200/mo for expenses (from May 2001-Dec 2001). She lost her job in December 2001 and was only briefly employed from August 2002-January 2003. For the most part I have covered all the expenses - morgtage, garbage, phone, cell phone, gas, electric, water, and food.

How much notice do I have to give her to move out?

Will I be obligated to support her in any way after she does move out?

Will I be obligated to support her daughter? I did claim her on my taxes for 2003 and 2004.

Are there any states that require support for ex-girlfriends?

Where do these women get the idea "you supported me when we were living together and you have to support me if you kick me out"?
She has tenancy rights therefore you really have to go through the process of evicting her if she won't move willingly. Your first step would be to give her 30 days notice (in writing) that she needs to move out.

No, you aren't going to have to support her or her daughter.

Bali Hai

cmoslener said:

From the same place the alimony seeking women get the idea.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">