• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex not paying spousal support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BLandersen

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington
My Ex has not paid the court ordered spousal support, any suggestions on where to start. Will I need to get another attorney? Or can I just file something with the court? He paid the child support as ordered then our last child graduated in June and I got a text from him basically saying "good luck with making me pay support". He has also moved out of state since June as well. Do I have any options?

Last edited:

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington
My Ex has not paid the court ordered spousal support, any suggestions on where to start. Will I need to get another attorney? Or can I just file something with the court? He paid the child support as ordered then our last child graduated in June and I got a text from him basically saying "good luck with making me pay support". He has also moved out of state since June as well. Do I have any options?
You can file for him to be held in contempt. However, if you delayed too long, your ability to collect might be impaired. How long ago was he supposed to pay spousal support?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">