• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Financial abadonment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

phanya

Hi! My husband of 4.5 years emotionally and financially abadonded me as a house wife with my zero income, drained all sources from our bank account to his own New one, moved from our rental about 6 weeks later, then I had to move out a month later too by the end of the lease, with zero financial help, and all my family living in europe. Also he signed an affidavit Support contract by the begining of our marriage when we filed for my green card, however he refuses to help me in any way and its been five months.. He makes about $60.000 a year, and we didnt file for divorce yet.
Please let me know what kind of help I can get. ( we both live in Florida Miami)
Thank you !

Proserpina

Hi! My husband of 4.5 years emotionally and financially abadonded me as a house wife with my zero income, drained all sources from our bank account to his own New one, moved from our rental about 6 weeks later, then I had to move out a month later too by the end of the lease, with zero financial help, and all my family living in europe. Also he signed an affidavit Support contract by the begining of our marriage when we filed for my green card, however he refuses to help me in any way and its been five months.. He makes about $60.000 a year, and we didnt file for divorce yet.
Please let me know what kind of help I can get. ( we both live in Florida Miami)
Thank you !
Can you work, physically?

latigo

Thank you !
Obviously divorce is in your near future. But you won't find the help you need from you computer.

What is needed is for you to consult with an experienced Florida family law attorney and discuss such pressing issues as temporary spousal support, rehabilitative alimony and the likelihood that a family court would require you husband to assist you in payment of you legal fees.

Makes some calls. Many offices offer a free initial consultation.

You might also benefit by exploring Florida's pro bono services. To get started go to the URL. FloridaLawHelp. org.

Good luck

Bali Hai

Thank you !
It may not be too late to be a little introspective and change your behaviors that drove this man to such drastic measures.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">