• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fleeing Spouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TDM9

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I just found out my spouse intends to flee the state in order to avoid paying spousal aupport. The ruling isn't in yet, but it's a given she will pay a lot due to the desparity in our wages. Can she be stopped? What happens when she leaves the state?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I just found out my spouse intends to flee the state in order to avoid paying spousal aupport. The ruling isn't in yet, but it's a given she will pay a lot due to the desparity in our wages. Can she be stopped? What happens when she leaves the state?
Why do you believe that SS is a "given"? How long were you married?

nextwife

Disparity in income is only one factor. How long was the marriage? Has there always been such a disparity?Are you underemployed, etc.

TDM9

Married 14 years. Her wage: $60,000. My wage: $25,000, and I was involuntarily laid off from my job so my only income is $1,100 per month unemployment. Plus I am still in the marital home.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">