• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Georgia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zandra26

how can I handle a case in another state on childsupport, I'm paying but a hearing is set for Feb 25,2009, I was told if I dont show a warrant will be issued.I dont have the money to go to the hearing plus I'm paying what the courts set for me to pay.They said the hearing was set because therespondent is paying on a regular basis. Can I request a phone hearing myself or what do I need to do. the heaing is in Indian.

Gracie3787

how can I handle a case in another state on childsupport, I'm paying but a hearing is set for Feb 25,2009, I was told if I dont show a warrant will be issued.I dont have the money to go to the hearing plus I'm paying what the courts set for me to pay.They said the hearing was set because therespondent is paying on a regular basis. Can I request a phone hearing myself or what do I need to do. the heaing is in Indian.
If you have been paying, what is this hearing for?

It doesn't make sense that a hearing would be held because payments are being made, and there has to be some reason why they are threatening that a warrant will be issued if you don't show up. In other words, you either haven't explained the situation very well, or you don't know what the hearing is for.

The first thing you need to do is to find out exactly what this hearing is for. If it is NOT a hearing regarding non payment, you can request to appear telephonically. However, if this hearing is because you owe arrears, you'll need to find a way to appear in person.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">