• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting Back Child Suppot from Ex husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jodilynn19

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California,
I wanted to know how I can get back child support from my ex husband. About 10 years ago I was on Welfare for 3 years and he had to pay that money back. But rgar was only for 3 years all the other years there was no payment or agreement for him to pay me any money. We were separated for many years but we were still together I have been taking care of my mother for the last 2 years and before that we all lived at his mothers house the kids and I. But it just didn't work out living with his mom so me and the kids moved in to my moms house and we were still together for many years and he never truly took care of us financially. And I he just came into some money and he was supposed to take care of me but he didn't. I need to know how to go about getting all that back child support that he never paid for his children. Please somebody help me on how to go about it.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California,
I wanted to know how I can get back child support from my ex husband. About 10 years ago I was on Welfare for 3 years and he had to pay that money back. But rgar was only for 3 years all the other years there was no payment or agreement for him to pay me any money. We were separated for many years but we were still together I have been taking care of my mother for the last 2 years and before that we all lived at his mothers house the kids and I. But it just didn't work out living with his mom so me and the kids moved in to my moms house and we were still together for many years and he never truly took care of us financially. And I he just came into some money and he was supposed to take care of me but he didn't. I need to know how to go about getting all that back child support that he never paid for his children. Please somebody help me on how to go about it.
So how old are the children and when was child support ordered?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">