• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hearing tomorrow help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jennayyp

My husband filed for divorce oct/1/15. We wanted to reconcile and he filed for a motion to withdrawl petition for divorce. With his consent via text message(which I no longer have the texts) he asked I sign his name on the petition to withdrawl divorce as he was working and not able to sign it and the motion needed to be returned to the court that day. We were unable to reconcile and Apr 20/2016 he filed a motion to reopen closed divorce case claiming I forged his signature without his consent and that he never received in the mail his copy of the granted motion to withdrawl the divorce. We still share a home and his copy he claimed he never received is in our house and opened by him. We have a hearing tomorrow morning and I'm not sure if I should bring his copy to prove he did in fact get the motion to withdrawl and that he has blatenly lied in his statement for motion to reopen our divorce case.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My husband filed for divorce oct/1/15. We wanted to reconcile and he filed for a motion to withdrawl petition for divorce. With his consent via text message(which I no longer have the texts) he asked I sign his name on the petition to withdrawl divorce as he was working and not able to sign it and the motion needed to be returned to the court that day. We were unable to reconcile and Apr 20/2016 he filed a motion to reopen closed divorce case claiming I forged his signature without his consent and that he never received in the mail his copy of the granted motion to withdrawl the divorce. We still share a home and his copy he claimed he never received is in our house and opened by him. We have a hearing tomorrow morning and I'm not sure if I should bring his copy to prove he did in fact get the motion to withdrawl and that he has blatenly lied in his statement for motion to reopen our divorce case.
Who cares if he lied? He obviously doesn't want to be married any more.

ETA: What US state?

LdiJ

Unless you are going to somehow be punished by the court for the alleged forgery and his lack of notice then there is no point in making a big deal out of it. By all means defend yourself if you are going to be punished, but otherwise, just let the divorce go through.

Proserpina

Let's hope he's not going to claim that you opened his mail and hid it from him.

Jennayyp

He falsified and lied on the motion to reopen the divorce case claiming he doesn't have the money to file for divorce again. Which isn't true. Id pay triple to have this over with. He is a narcissist and able to lie extremely well.

Jennayyp

He had the signed motion to drop out divorce sent to another address. It was found by me in the residence we share.

LdiJ

He falsified and lied on the motion to reopen the divorce case claiming he doesn't have the money to file for divorce again. Which isn't true. Id pay triple to have this over with. He is a narcissist and able to lie extremely well.
Ok, then in that case I say take it with you to court. It will certain prove that he knew about it and that you did not hinder him receiving it since he had it sent to another address.

However,again, unless it appears that you are going to be punished in some way just let the divorce go through.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">