• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! Date of signing dissolution or court date?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ckpurple

What is the name of your state? Colorado If we signed the dissolution of marriage agreement in July but the court date wasn't until December, that's when the judge signed it, then was the July date officially when we were divorced or December? After the July date there were changes made all the way up to October. The reason for the inquiry, my ex did not disclose that he was building a new building and opening another store. Supposedly, by his financial affidavid there wasn't any surplus of money yet in September he had money for the above mentioned. There is much more to the story but I will wait to see if anyone has any advice before writing a book. Thanks

S

seniorjudge

ckpurple said:
What is the name of your state? Colorado If we signed the dissolution of marriage agreement in July but the court date wasn't until December, that's when the judge signed it, then was the July date officially when we were divorced or December? After the July date there were changes made all the way up to October. The reason for the inquiry, my ex did not disclose that he was building a new building and opening another store. Supposedly, by his financial affidavid there wasn't any surplus of money yet in September he had money for the above mentioned. There is much more to the story but I will wait to see if anyone has any advice before writing a book. Thanks
The effective date of the judgment in this lawsuit is the date the judge puts on the order.

ckpurple

So since he didn't disclose that business transaction, I could go back to the court and show fraud in disclosure? Also the business evaluation was for the year ending 1 1/2 years before the sogning in July. Wouldn't that be something in question? His lawyer was a real snake so what he could slither around and do he did. Is there a statue of limitations with divorce issues? And now the custody evaluator has just sent me a bill for $1800.00! I have not spoken or seen her, or received any billing statements since 2001. She know says that if not paid in 30 days she will turn it over to collections. Give me a break, first of all after my ex maliously lied and took my children away. She, after ignoring all my attempts to meet with her, finally by sitting outside her office, told me she knew they were all lies and she was sorry. Unbelievable! Then my ex took me to court for child support, he makes a healthy 3 figure income to my poverty level. In that order it states that he is responsible for the custody evaluator costs. Go figure! When will it ever end???!!!!

ckpurple

State Law?

Colorado Hoping you can give me the state stature or state law that will support that. Thank You

LdiJ

ckpurple said:
So since he didn't disclose that business transaction, I could go back to the court and show fraud in disclosure? Also the business evaluation was for the year ending 1 1/2 years before the sogning in July. Wouldn't that be something in question? His lawyer was a real snake so what he could slither around and do he did. Is there a statue of limitations with divorce issues? And now the custody evaluator has just sent me a bill for $1800.00! I have not spoken or seen her, or received any billing statements since 2001. She know says that if not paid in 30 days she will turn it over to collections. Give me a break, first of all after my ex maliously lied and took my children away. She, after ignoring all my attempts to meet with her, finally by sitting outside her office, told me she knew they were all lies and she was sorry. Unbelievable! Then my ex took me to court for child support, he makes a healthy 3 figure income to my poverty level. In that order it states that he is responsible for the custody evaluator costs. Go figure! When will it ever end???!!!!

If the order states that he is responsible for the evaluator's costs...then simply send the evaluator a copy of the order. That should take care of the problem.

His business transaction may not be fraud....if he obtained the money for his expansion via loans...then there isn't any "extra" for you to obtain....even if you can open things back up.

ckpurple

He did get some financing with loans but not all monies needed was through loans. The business evaluation done for the divorce wasn't showing the business to be in the black. So to get any kind of loan the banks would need to see that their investment was going to be paid back. Right? Also, the business eval was done 2 years before the divorce was finialized.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">