• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to find out if my x re married

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dougcrf

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
I seen somebody that knows her an they ask me if I knew that she got remarried,I said no but I hope she did so I will be free form paying her alimony,how do I find out,I am pretty much hurting for money right now cause I got layed off from my job so I dont really want to pay a investagator,I went to the public records place to see if I could check the records,yes I can but two things are against me,#1 is,I need to know her maiden name which I dont cause she has been married like 4 times and all the last names I heard just confused me,#2 is she could of gone out of state to get married and that means that there would not be record here in this state.
I am wondering If I ask to see my info on our marrige in the public records would it show her maiden name on that??

Any help?????

Thanks,Doug

TinkerBelleLuvr

Find your own marriage certificate and see if her maiden name was listed on it. It also might be listed in the divorce decree. Those two sources might provide you with the "maiden" name.

You do have a social security number to work with since you are paying alimony.

Try "googling". You never know what you might find.

dougcrf

Find your own marriage certificate and see if her maiden name was listed on it. It also might be listed in the divorce decree. Those two sources might provide you with the "maiden" name.

You do have a social security number to work with since you are paying alimony.

Try "googling". You never know what you might find.
Hi Ginny,
Thanks for your response,hay,I am wondering what you mean where you say I have a SS# to work with since I am paying alimony,I know her SS# but would be totally scared to type it in online or use it at a public record place,would it be legal for me to check records with it??

Thanks,Doug

Bali Hai

Hi Ginny,
Thanks for your response,hay,I am wondering what you mean where you say I have a SS# to work with since I am paying alimony,I know her SS# but would be totally scared to type it in online or use it at a public record place,would it be legal for me to check records with it??

Thanks,Doug
Not sure about that but, it should certainly be ILLEGAL for her to remarry and continue stealing your money!!

LdiJ

Hi Ginny,

Thanks,Doug
Yes, it would be illegal to use someone's social security number in that manner.

CourtClerk

Why don't you just hire a private investigator to get the information for you?

BTW. I find it strange that you married a woman and don't know her maiden name, however, I guess people marry people they don't know all the time these days.

tuffbrk

Why don't you just hire a private investigator to get the information for you?

BTW. I find it strange that you married a woman and don't know her maiden name, however, I guess people marry people they don't know all the time these days.
Guess he never met his father or mother in law?!!

OP - This woman was married 4x's prior to your marriage? Was she receiving alimony from any of those men? I'd think someone who got married 5 x's most certainly would get married again...good luck in your search!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">