• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to prove his real income?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

l7turk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

I have recently been served with divorce papers and must represent myself and children myself. I filed my motion of intent to appear to seek modification to the temporary order. One of the things I am seeking is spousal maintainance. Is there a form that needs to be filed? Also, His stated income is bogus, do I need to file some form to make him prove what he really makes? Thanks

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

I have recently been served with divorce papers and must represent myself and children myself. I filed my motion of intent to appear to seek modification to the temporary order. One of the things I am seeking is spousal maintainance. Is there a form that needs to be filed? Also, His stated income is bogus, do I need to file some form to make him prove what he really makes? Thanks

It's up to you to prove that his income is bogus. But, can you elaborate?

How long have you been married?

What does the temporary order actually state?

l7turk

we have been married for 20 years. He claims to have and income of 15,000 per year. He is using a w2 from 1 job he worked in 2008 and that figure only covers 4 months of employment. He has been at a new job for over 9 months now, should'nt that be the income used to figure child and spousal support?

nextwife

Why spousal support? What is your income? He, too has been married for 20 years, but that doesn't automatically entitle him to recieve spousal support.

Did you file a joint return last year? If so what did the return that you signed state he earned?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">