• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband always threatening divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mslionheart

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?tn

my husband and i have been married for 27 years. we agreed that i would always stay at home and he would be the sole provider for our family. he is verbally abusive and when he doesn't get his way on things he acts like a 2 year old. six years ago he said maybe i should get a job to help and fight my depression, so i worked at a drug store. then he decided that if i didnt quit working and quit going to my alanon meetings that he was getting a divorce. our children are 22 and 24 and back at home. my 22 year old is bipolar,attention defecit disorder and borderline personality . she will probably never be self sufficient. i have severe depression, anxiety and degenerative disc disease. my husband makes 45,000 a year. what would i be entitled to as far as alimony? the latest threat was yesterday. he has also made me give up friends that were very supportive in my daughters struggle with bipolar.

M

mslionheart

husband threatening

Sorry iaan but alanon is for family of an alcoholic. It is really sad that you have the attitude that you do. i really do feel sorry for you iaal. someone who has nothing to do other than be rude to nice people who are just asking for some advice.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mslionheart said:
Sorry iaan but alanon is for family of an alcoholic.

MY RESPONSE: First, it's IAAL. Second, sorry I didn't know the exact purpose of Alanon. You see, I don't have a DRUNK in my family - - so I really wouldn't be expected to know, now would I?

It is really sad that you have the attitude that you do.

MY RESPONSE: Why? Don't like "reality checks"?

i really do feel sorry for you iaal.

MY RESPONSE: Thank you. But, save some of that "sorrow" for yourself - - you're the one who has to live with drunks, and adult children who haven't learned (or rather, you didn't teach them) to fend for themselves. Yes, dysfunctional is the correct word. Maybe that's why your husband wants to leave you - - because the ADULT children won't go away. Possible?

someone who has nothing to do other than be rude to nice people who are just asking for some advice.

MY RESPONSE: If you had asked a "legal" question, I would have responded. However, all you asked was, "what would i be entitled to as far as alimony?" - - mixed in with all that trailer trash history! We don't make "number" predictions. You'll need a judge in court.

IAAL

Last edited:
S

Star43

come on

This is really uncalled for. WHY? WHY? would you ever come here when you never give any respectful advice? This makes you look like you are an UNHAPPY person, your reactions to humans is unreal. Your better than everyone else, right? We already can see that!!LOL All you talk about are people living in trailers, you condemn people if they have any dysfunction (which most families do). Why are you so mean? Thats all I want to know? Lets see what you can say about me?? Mary should ban you forever IMHO.Just because you have average intelligence and others are ignorant, you judge them and put them down. You should channel your energies to something positive, at least your not stupid, ignorant, yes. This must be because you truly are the most ignarant person on this board, I always let it go, but lately every post I read from you is ignorant and mean, just like a few others on this board and they know who they are. People come here for advice, not judgment, and you have no right to JUDGE Sorry, couldn't resist.

Last edited by a moderator:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Star - if you took the time to read more of IAALs posts, you'd see that he answers serious questions seriously.

OP... noone can tell you what a judge might award for SS - it depends on the individual situation. But I can tell you that it is not likely to be enough to support you and two adult children.

S

Star43

look, I agree with you

not everyone has alot of brains. I know you have been here for awhile. You have to admit, if you read most of his posts they are down right mean, once in awhile has has some decent advice, but YOU KNOW that all he focuses on are trailer trash (in his opinion), and talks down to people constantly. Sorry, but I will not stick up for someone like this.........

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Star43 said:
not everyone has alot of brains. I know you have been here for awhile. You have to admit, if you read most of his posts they are down right mean, once in awhile has has some decent advice, but YOU KNOW that all he focuses on are trailer trash (in his opinion), and talks down to people constantly. Sorry, but I will not stick up for someone like this.........

My response:

You know, my heart bleeds for your sense and sensibilities. It really does.

But, did you know that FreeAdvice has a door? Yes, it swings both ways, but it's greased for "out".

I'll say whatever I damn well please. I'm not here to "please" you, or to make sure you "like" everything I have to say.

Don't like something about me? Tough crap! Try leaving . . .

IAAL

HomeGuru

Star43 said:
**A: BS about the trailer trash. That's not all.

C

cibyr

bio-polar you might be able to get

social security income (SSI) for you said that your child might not be self-sufficent. another child is old enough to go to work...I a so sorry about your situation that you are in...Do you have any assets? Talk to your attorney about alimony because if he makes good money you might be able to get some until you go for a career or whatever. In Idaho it is very hard to get it but if you need it for your career then fight for it....it won't be enough of course to support yourself right now, might have to sell the house, move into a cheaper smaller house? (talk to attorney first about assets, length of you rmarriage, bio-polar child in question, yo umihgt be able to get something.

Go to Social Security Office, apply for Social security income if you have no income you might be able to get about 500 dollars or something on your child's behalf.

Good for you to be in Al-Ton meetings, talk to your friends there? They might be good advice or ideas for you???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">