• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband is claiming he wants alimony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tabbykat66

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

My husband and I are divorcing, he was fired from his job before admitting to me he was cheating on me, he was fired for sleeping with MULTIPLE co-workers
I was the stay at home parent, subsequently I moved out of the home..

We tried to work it out for a month after he was let go..

He is now seeking alimony saying I left the marital home and left him with all of the bills, I contributed NO income whatsoever to our last 2 years of marriage.

He remained unemployed for 3 months after, I immediately got a job after leaving the home.
Could he get alimony even though he was terminated for the exact reason we're getting divorced while I had no income?

Last edited:

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

My husband and I are divorcing, he was fired from his job before admitting to me he was cheating on me, he was fired for sleeping with MULTIPLE co-workers
I was the stay at home parent, subsequently I moved out of the home..

We tried to work it out for a month after he was let go..

He is now seeking alimony saying I left the marital home and left him with all of the bills, I contributed NO income whatsoever to our last 2 years of marriage.

He remained unemployed for 3 months after, I immediately got a job after leaving the home.
Could he get alimony even though he was terminated for the exact reason we're getting divorced while I had no income?
While it would not be impossible, it would be highly unlikely.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">