• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband to decide maintenance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Flyaway

7. Not even close. SSDI is based on work history, obviously, and SSI will only kick in if your SSDI is lower than the State's minimum. The actual SSDI cap is $2500, give or take.
Don't get Ssi...and yes my Ssdi is based on my work for 31 years...plus the years I got workcomp..that's counted..if you did not know...

Just Blue

So my income today is at 1770.00 a month..original question..not answered..just interrogated..what would be a proper amount for maintenance in il. If ex is making 60,000 plus...thanks in advance to those who respond without attacking....
In "il" you can hire an attorney to help you and your attitude. ;)

Ladyback1

7. Not even close. SSDI is based on work history, obviously, and SSI will only kick in if your SSDI is lower than the State's minimum. The actual SSDI cap is $2500, give or take.

based on this: http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10003.pdf

Can you point me to where you got your number? I'm confused.:p

Ladyback1

Seriously...here we go again..assuming the bad but ignoring the question..yet I will answer to put you in your place..,
1) workcomp is SUPPOSE to pay..abviously you have NEVER been on workcomp and know how they work or the games they pay..they by law are suppose to pay my medical but don't until ordered by the court. Some doctors will not continue seeing you unless you pay the bill...out of your own pocket!!!

2) I am covered by Medicare..guess you missed the post where I have to pay for supplements and COURT ordered cobra for my daughter..Obama care is not an option..with all insurance..this..xtra hospital(in there every other month) life ins etc..I'm over a grand a month

3) just answered..abiding by court order

4) when workcomp stops payments as I stated they ALWAYS do..yes I qualify for SNAP..why should I live off the government when my Stbx was court ordered to pay so I wouldn't live in poverty

5) both Ssdi and w/comp are not only aware but have set down and figured out the Medicare set aside account. Being as large as it will be w/comp is asking me to accept a settlement with open medical so they do not have to put millions into that account. So yes unbeknown to you I will get my settlement and all medical issues(workcomp must pay anything Medicare has already paid) that has all been settled

6) I'm in il. Guess you do not know our state does not go by weeks..I've exceeded nothing..they quit paying when they want..it's a game they play..might be the law that they can't without a doctor saying I'm at Mimi but they do anyway..and YES they are penalized..it's their way to force you into settling for less..

7) I have a workcomp attorney and a Ssdi representative..like present my workcomp Ted has ended..it's what you make in a year..not month..so I may make 2000.00 in one month and zero for 6 months

Once again..trying to find fault instead of giving an answer or opinion..guess now your up on il. Workcomp law in il. And how they work..been in the workcomp system on and off since 1994 I'm quite aware of how it all works. If you ever have anyone in il. That needs help let me know..I know the workcomp law..Ssdi..and yes medical set aside account..actually a lot more to the medical set aside if you would like to know..workcomp can pay 1 payment..it can go to you to invest..they can pay yearly..etc..just ask..once again..not hiding anything..your searching for something that's not their.....

*sigh*

No. I'm trying to understand your situation.

You've got a bad work comp adjuster. Not all adjuster/insurers play "sh*t on your neighbor" to try and get a settlement. I actually was a WC claims examiner and was trying to see if I had any advice on how to deal with a "bad" adjuster or insurer. But, you knock your all-knowing self out!

Flyaway

Not getting Ssi...getting Ssdi based on 31 years of working and years I did not but got workcomp that's credited..if you didn't know

Flyaway

Not getting Ssi...getting Ssdi based on 31 years of working and years I did not but got workcomp that's credited..if you didn't know
What number? Been in the Ssdi system since 1994 along with Ssdi..and you? I know it well..

Just Blue

Why are you being so rude to VOLUNTEERS that are trying to help you? Are you getting SSDI for a Mental Illness? :confused:

Ladyback1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Il

Being that his checking accounts show deposits over 60,000 don't you think it's fair it should go off this number. I want to be prepared for Friday and this is only one issue of many...thanks
You need to find the person that told you life would be fair and kick them in the shins.

Flyaway

What number? Been in the Ssdi system since 1994 along with Ssdi..and you? I know it well..
Have an awesome workcomp atty..fought workcomp all the way to appellate court..yes they paid penalties for stopping payments when by law they cannot..what's law and what happens is two different things..ex ordered to pay 1/2marital debt and support (when only getting 1740.00 a month) yet he doesn't..law did nothing..asking for help..opinions now..all I get is attacked

Just Blue

Have an awesome workcomp atty..fought workcomp all the way to appellate court..yes they paid penalties for stopping payments when by law they cannot..what's law and what happens is two different things..ex ordered to pay 1/2marital debt and support (when only getting 1740.00 a month) yet he doesn't..law did nothing..asking for help..opinions now..all I get is attacked
Rude people (that would be you) should consult with thier "awesome" attorneys.

;)

Proserpina

based on this: http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10003.pdf

Can you point me to where you got your number? I'm confused.:p

Yes, yes you are.

The number you quoted is the maximum you can earn in addition to claiming SSDI benefits.

And the whole issue is moot anyway because...

...wait for it...

...OP is not working.

(The max I quoted is from about a gazillion different sources - I'd rake through the ssa website except a) we don't need to and b) we don't need to )

Flyaway

Posted..don't c it..but Ssdi based on my 31 yrs work inning and years getting workcomp..that's credited..don't get Ssi..

Ladyback1

Did you file for contempt of court when he didn't pay? Did you get a judgement on that amount and then utilize all your resources to collect on that judgement?

You haven't been attacked. Your posts are kind of disjointed, and asking questions for clarification is NOT attacking. If people can't make sense of what you are posting, and want to help, they HAVE to ask questions.
Some people KNOW nothing about MSAs--even when they are subject to them.
So...providing information none of know whether you know or not is NOT attacking.

Some people don't realize what they have to report as earnings (or the cap) to the SSA for their SSI/SSDI claim.

As defensive as you've gotten, it seems to me that there may be shenanigans a foot.

And you asked why you should have to depend on public assistance when your STBX make $60K/yr. Well, if he's not providing, then you have to do whatever you can to take care of yourself and child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">