• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was married for 30 years but the unfair settlement has left me financially incapab

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

StanaBright

WA

I was married for 30 years but the unfair settlement has left me financially incapable of caring for myself.

Before divorce, we filed for bankruptcy. In preparation for the bankruptcy ex-husband put everything, even our business in someone else's name. A successful business that we started together.
He deals mostly in cash, and doesn't report it. He pays employees part check, part cash. When employees pay child support, he pays mostly cash.
He told bankruptcy trustee that he gave all his money to a man, but he didn't mention that it is a Ponzi scheme. He has a hedge fund.
I am 61 years old with no college or job skills. In divorce I got only my car, and he payed me $1200.00 for 2 years and in February the amount will be $580.00 for 4 years. He hides money & assets, many vacations including guided fish trips in AK & OR, season tickets for the sports events in luxury box.
Thank you

OHRoadwarrior

So let me get this straight:

You both committed fraud and now you are unhappy that you were not successful? Really? I suggest you call the bankruptcy judge and explain your problem.

Did your ex adhere to the terms of the settlement? Was the settlement signed off on by a judge? If so, you are probably out of luck.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Consider seeking help from your local Displaced Homemakers group. Having run a (successful) business, you surely have some job skills.

Unfortunately, you have kind of missed an opportunity with the holiday season. Many retailers who hire for the holidays prefer more mature applicants (I know we do!) and retain a number of them after the holidays...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">