• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If I skip paying the alimony in Califorina?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dougcrf

I have been paying the chicken **** 500.00 a month alimony every month,I just got laid off from my job and am now having to take a job that is a big time pay cut.
What happens if I dont pay the alimony?
Even if I could skip the alimony I would have a hard time making my house payment,so I am very lost on what to do,if I could skip the alimony I just might be able to make it but not sure.
The house is in both of our names and I was going to ask her if she would rather have the 500.00 a month or have our credit screwed form me not being able to make the house payment,but that is not really a option cause I pretty much know the answer,it would be she would rather have the 500.00 and have our credit be screwed(DRUG ADDICT)

What I am asking is,what happens if I dont pay it?

Doug

Last edited:

LdiJ

I have been paying the chicken **** 500.00 a month alimony every month,I just got laid off from my job and am now having to take a job that is a big time pay cut.
Even if I could skip the alimony I would have a hard time making my house payment,so I am very lost on what to do,if I could skip the alimony I just might be able to make it but not sure.
The house is in both of our names and I was going to ask her if she would rather have the 500.00 a month or have our credit screwed form me not being able to make the house payment,but that is not really a option cause I pretty much know the answer,it would be she would rather have the 500.00 and have our credit be screwed(DRUG ADDICT)

Doug
Put the house on the market and get it sold...seriously, and pay the ordered alimony or if your decree allows for alimony to be modified then file to modify it.

You honestly don't want to be in the position of tanking both of your credit scores AND not paying your alimony. Not paying your alimony could go very badly for you, not paying it and tanking both of your credit scores could make life very miserable for you.

Bali Hai

Doug
You could be incarcarated for this unconscionable and blatant disregard for everything the women's movement stands for!!

You sell the house and all other possessions you have to pay the alimony. You work two jobs to pay the alimony. You find a piece of grating with a little heat coming out of it along the sidewalk to sleep on instead of living like a normal human being to pay the alimony.

Have I made myself clear on this??

mmmagique

You could be incarcarated for this unconscionable and blatant disregard for everything the women's movement stands for!!

You sell the house and all other possessions you have to pay the alimony. You work two jobs to pay the alimony. You find a piece of grating with a little heat coming out of it along the sidewalk to sleep on instead of living like a normal human being to pay the alimony.

Have I made myself clear on this??

pffftttt....:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">