• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lifetime Spousal Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thewind67

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

My dad has been paying his ex-wife a lot of money each month since around 1980. Is there any way he can have that reversed, now that he is low-income and ready to retire?
She never re-married, and of course isn't dead YET.

Isis1

My dad has been paying his ex-wife a lot of money each month since around 1980. Is there any way he can have that reversed, now that he is low-income and ready to retire?
what does dad's court order say? any mention of it being modifiable?

Nativity

Is that a threat?

Bali Hai

what does dad's court order say? any mention of it being modifiable?
Whether the court order mentions that it is modifiable or not, if dad cannot pay, the court wizard will just have to mix up a different potion to administer.

These judges are about to find out that people are not going to just work themselves to death anymore to pay some lazy bum at the courts whim!! That had effect in a different generation where people were brainwashed!!

LdiJ

They are about to find out that their one-way, half-assed political decisions carry as much weight as a popcorn fart.

Is your curiousity satisfied??
That didn't answer the question you were asked, and you know that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">