• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modifying Divorce decree for Spousal support after divorce is final

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shawnsexton@hot

What is the name of your state? California

I was married for 17 years; my husband left the home abandoning our family. I was left to pay all the bills and take care of my 2 step children, 6 month old grandson and ailing mother. After 2 years of on/off again reconciliation, my getting pregnant twice but suffered 2 miscarriages, he filed for divorce. Going through all this and the stress I suffered a mild heart attack and relocated once I was released from the hospital. We lived in Riverside County at that time. It has been 6 yrs since then. I now live in Los Angeles County, where the cost of living is higher. I feel I was entitled to spousal support but did not ask for anything at the time our divorce proceedings took place mostly due to our many reconciliations and felt emotionally in shock. However I have been struggling financially, and have not been able to afford the same standard of living I had over those 17 yrs. Am I entitled to modify the original divorce decree and ask for alimony? :mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">