• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Money, Child support, alimony?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

boprimo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California. I have seperated from my husband last week after finding he has an active dating website, a secret email with communications with women and have dealt with verbal abuse in front of my 4 1/2 year old. The big problem is we worked as a "team" in real estate. All of the checks are in his name. He just got $28K in commissions and put it in a private account. Our account is now overdrawn. I am staying with a friend and have no access to my money. HOw can he do this? I now have no job and no access to our future escrows closing. What percent of recent commissions from "our" listings am I due. Our website has both of our info, cards, etc. We worked as a Team! Please help. Also, to travel out of the state with a child do I need written consent from him?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California. I have seperated from my husband last week after finding he has an active dating website, a secret email with communications with women and have dealt with verbal abuse in front of my 4 1/2 year old. The big problem is we worked as a "team" in real estate. All of the checks are in his name. He just got $28K in commissions and put it in a private account. Our account is now overdrawn. I am staying with a friend and have no access to my money. HOw can he do this? I now have no job and no access to our future escrows closing. What percent of recent commissions from "our" listings am I due. Our website has both of our info, cards, etc. We worked as a Team! Please help. Also, to travel out of the state with a child do I need written consent from him?
This is going to be complicated - you really need to see an attorney.

Whether you worked as a 'team' or not is probably irrelevant unless you have a written agreement as to the commission split. Typically, the commission goes to the individual who secured the client, not the team.

You can file for divorce and ask for temporary support, but it may be hard to get at that commission money unless your name is on the actual real estate listing agreement.

boprimo

child support/alimony

So how can I get money and what am I due in my situation? He has no consistent income being a realtor, only commission. How do I find out how much I get? I left a nice home with all of my stuff and am living with my child in a room at a friends house 40 minutes away. I am now out of a job, driving my child to school and have no money to pay for a room and he is using up all of the money. How do I plug in the child support calculator if it is random commissions. Is it a percentage? How much alimony do I get, we have been together 11 years married 6 1/2. He has taken all of our money and commissions coming in. There are escrows closing and he is spending it.

mistoffolees

So how can I get money and what am I due in my situation? He has no consistent income being a realtor, only commission. How do I find out how much I get? I left a nice home with all of my stuff and am living with my child in a room at a friends house 40 minutes away. I am now out of a job, driving my child to school and have no money to pay for a room and he is using up all of the money. How do I plug in the child support calculator if it is random commissions. Is it a percentage? How much alimony do I get, we have been together 11 years married 6 1/2. He has taken all of our money and commissions coming in. There are escrows closing and he is spending it.
What part of "you need to see an attorney" don't you understand?

CSO286

This is going to be complicated - you really need to see an attorney.

Whether you worked as a 'team' or not is probably irrelevant unless you have a written agreement as to the commission split. Typically, the commission goes to the individual who secured the client, not the team.

You can file for divorce and ask for temporary support, but it may be hard to get at that commission money unless your name is on the actual real estate listing agreement.

You know, once you get accurate info, most of the other seniors aren't going to come over and repost the same advice.....

Misto is right. Given that his income is inconsistant, in orde to get a true, correct and fair order, you are going to need more help than a message board can provide.

You need to see an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">